Grande Day Parade Entry Form
The Grande Day Parade will take place on Sunday, July 20, 2014 at 1 p.m. We look forward to seeing you in July!
- Visiting Royalty Floats, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Places
- Crowd Pleaser
- Best High School Band
Judging begins one hour prior to the start of the parade
Complete the entry form below by Monday, July 7. If your entry requires payment, you can pay online or mail a check (payable to “Hopkins Raspberry Festival”) to 175 Jackson Avenue North, Suite 417, Hopkins, MN 55343.
Confirmations and line-up information will be e-mailed the week of July 13.
Parade Rules & Fees
- Animal Entries: All animal entries must provide their own clean up. Clean up crews must follow directly
behind the units to clean up excrement. No exceptions.
- Distribution of Items: Absolutely no literature of any kind may be handed out during the parade. Do not
throw items from the parade unit. Candy may be handed out by walkers along the curbside.
- Units Must Keep Moving: To keep the parade moving, all units must stay within three car lengths of the unit
ahead of them. If a larger gap occurs, you must speed up to close the gap.
- Visiting Royalty Entries: Visiting royalty may enter free of charge.
- Commercial Entries: Hopkins Businesses may enter free of charge. Donations are accepted!
Non-Hopkins businesses must pay a $150 entry fee.
- Political Entries: All political entrants must pay a $500 entry fee. This entry fee covers a booth during the MarketPlace Craft Fair (Saturday), and the Grande Day Parade (Sunday). There is no fee for elected/non-elected City Council or elected/non-elected School Board members. Each political entry is allowed one vehicle and can include immediate family only. Hopkins Raspberry Festival does not support the opinions of participating representatives.
If any of the parade rules are violated, a warning will be issued by a parade marshal and that entry may be barred from future parades. If the warning is ignored, the unit may be escorted off the parade route.
Prefer to submit your application through U.S. Mail? Fill out the application and submit to the Raspberry Festival.