Lip Sync Contest
The Lip Sync Contest is returning for 2014. This very popular Raspberry Festival event was discontinued years ago and the Raspberry Festival Association has brought it back by popular demand! The contest is open to both individuals and groups ages 6 – 50. The categories for the first initial year are as follows: Individual (ages 6 -12), Individual (ages 13 – 50), and Groups (all ages). Lip Sync Contest Rules:
- You may be in only ONE act
- You must check in by 2:30 p.m. on the day of show or you may not be able to perform
- The show begins at 3:00 p.m. and is expected to last 1.5 hours
- You are responsible for all of your own props
- All music must be provided to the Lip Sync coordinators by the day of the event through the Drop Box location: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x8vd4fxlw4bix8k/AADUXWfghvN2yhQXmbU4Chvla or can be delivered through CD or Flash Drive during check in.
- Maximum time limit for your performance or song will be limited to no more than 4 minutes in length
- All songs and perfomances must be in good taste! This is a family event for all ages. Any performance done in poor taste will be interrupted and that individual or group will be disqualified
- Amateur performers only. No professional groups are allowed to perform
The competition will be judged using the following measures:
- Lip Sync Abilities – How well the individual or group lip-sync the lyrics of the song
- Creativity – How original and creative the performance is. Instead of just standing on the stage and lip-syncing a song, props, costumes and/or other ideas should be used and often impresses the judges and generates crowd response. Be creative!
- Stage Presence and Choreography – Don’t just stand there! Engage the audience, dance, smile, make eye contact with the judges. Have fun!
Registration is available online only. Please fill out the entire form and submit when completed. You will receive an email from the Lip Sync coordinators once your entry has been received. Please do not forget to either upload your song to the Drop Box location (listed above) or bring it with you the day of the event.
We look forward to your performance!
Lip Sync Coordinators
Hopkins Raspberry Festival