About the Royal Family
For more information on the Hopkins Raspberry Festival Royal Family, please contact the festival office at 952-931-0878 or Aubree Yunker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is part of the Royal Family?
- Two Senior Ambassadors over the age of 55
- Three Young Ladies between the ages of 17 and 25
- Four Junior Royalty between the ages of 6 and 8
What does the Royal Family do during their one year reign?
- Serves as the public representatives of the Hopkins Raspberry Festival
- Volunteers and appears at various events in and around the Hopkins school district
- Makes appearances at other communities and celebrations throughtout Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Rides on the beautiful Raspberry Festival float in multiple parades in other cities throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Reigns over the Raspberry Festival
What does the Royal Family receive in return for their service?
- A scholarship, cash gift, or savings bond
- Personal growth
- New relationships and friendships
- An appreciation for the history and tradition of Hopkins and the Raspberry Festival
- A year of fun!
For more than 10 years, our Raspberry Royalty each year have more in common than just titles. What are referred to as the ‘formal crowns’ were donated to the Raspberry Festival in memory of Jan Phillips. These are worn by the royalty during their reign at formal appearances, and passed on to the newly crowned royalty each year at coronation.
We might be biased, but we think we have one of the best floats! The float portrays the fun of a playground. The green grass of a park and the scarlet of the raspberries are complemented by twinkling lights! Speakers are built into the sides of the float to provide great music throughout the parade route.
Our Junior Royalty ride on a mechanical merry-go-round. Our Senior Ambassadors relax on the lovely park bench. The Princesses have fun as they go up and down on the teeter-totter. And our Queen enjoys the view from her swing
Our float measures 13.5 feet tall and more than 40 feet long- and that’s not including the van that tows it!