Alternatively, you may download the application to register.
How would you like to be Royalty?
The Hopkins Raspberry Festival Royalty Candidate Program is seeking qualified young ladies to compete for the titles of Hopkins Raspberry Festival Queen or Princesses.
Qualified candidates are young women between the ages of 17-25 as of July 1st, 2015, a graduate of high school by June 2015, have never been married, divorced or pregnant and must live, work OR attend school in the Hopkins or Minnetonka School Districts (graduates of Hopkins or Minnetonka School Districts attending college elsewhere still qualify).
This is a great opportunity to earn college scholarships, wardrobe, travel opportunities, and to make a difference in your community. A candidate orientation will take place in June.
Frequently Asked Questions
What am I expected to do?
Mostly, have fun! There are a handful of casual meetings and rehearsals, all of which take place during evening hours. Attendance is strongly recommended and will be handed in to the judges. Final schedules will be handed out at orientation.
What are candidates judged on?
By far, the most important thing is that you WANT to participate in the Royalty program. Other factors the judges consider are: communication skills, community involvement, poise, professionalism, work ethic, values, and judgement. This is not a beauty pageant!
Do I have to find a business to sponsor me?
No, the festival volunteers find businesses willing to sponsor candidates. If you work for or know of a business who would like to sponsor you, that’s great too!
As a candidate what will I receive?
You get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience something unlike anything you’ve ever done! Great friendships and priceless memories will be made. It’s also a self-improvement program. You’ll enhance your confidence, public speaking skills, interpersonal skills, collaboration skills, etc. You’ll also get the chance to learn more about the rich history of Hopkins and become an integral part of the community.
What if I attend school or work full-time, will I still be able to be a candidate and/or Royalty?
Of course. We understand that most of the young women are probably both working and going to school. As a candidate, almost all events are on weeknights. And as Royalty most of the appearances take place during the summer. If you have specific scheduling concerns, talk to the Candidate or Royalty Coordinators.
Can candidates run more than once?
Yes, and several do! That tells you how much fun the candidacy is!
Can I run as a candidate but ask that I not be crowned?
Yes, if you know that you’d be unable to fulfill the commitment of Queen or Princess, you can still participate in the candidate process for the experience.
- Candidate Orientation – Hopkins Fire Station – June 8, 9 a.m. – Noon
- Candidate Pictures and Application deadline – Hopkins Fire Station – June 8, 9 a.m. – Noon
- Get to Know You! – Downtown Park – June 11, 7p.m.
- Self Defense Class – Hopkins Activity Center – June 18, 6 p.m.
- Art in the Park – Downtown Park – June 25, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Fashion Show and Dance Practice – July 2, 6:30 p.m.
- Raspberry Nite in the Ballpark – Target Field – July 3, 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Mock Interviews – Hopkins Fire Station – July 7, 7 p.m.
- Meet the Candidates Fashion Show – Ridgedale Mall – July 10th 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Private Interviews – Hopkins Fire Station – July 12, 8 a.m. – Noon
- Bowling With the Royal Family – Tuttle’s Eat Bowl Play – July 12, 1 p.m.
- Raspberry Festival Board Meeting – Tuttle’s Eat Bowl Play – July 14, 7:30 p.m.
- Group Judging – Tuttle’s Eat Bowl Play – 8:30 p.m.
- Senior Game Day and Coronation – Hopkins Activity Center – July 13, Noon. – 7 p.m.
- Junior Coronation Eisenhower Community Center – July 16, 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Royalty Coronation Rehearsal – July 17, 7 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Royalty Coronation & Royal Ball Hopkins Center for the Arts – July 17, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Grande Day Parade – Mainstreet – July 20, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Register online using the form below or mail completed application to the festival office:
Hopkins Raspberry Festival
Attention: Royalty Candidate Coordinator
175 Jackson Avenue North, Suite 417
Hopkins, MN 55343
Questions? Call 952.931.0878 or e-mail the Royalty Candidate Coordinator